The following information is provided pursuant to Article 13 of EU Regulation No. 679/2016 (hereinafter the “Regulation”), to users who access the services available on the website https://thethinkingwatermill.com/. When consulting the site, information concerning users – which constitutes personal data pursuant to the Regulation – may be collected. This information is provided exclusively for the website mentioned above and does not affect any other website that the user may access through the other links available.
The Data Controller is The Thinking Watermill Society (hereinafter “TTWS”), a free, independent and non-profit association, in person of its legal representative pro tempore, with registered office in Rome, Via Bocca di Leone, 78.
PLACE OF DATA PROCESSING
The processing of data related to the web services of this website is carried out at the TTWS office mentioned above and it is performed by TTWS’s collaborators, duly appointed as Persons in charge of processing, and external specialists for management and maintenance operations, duly appointed as Data Processors.
TYPES OF PROCESSED DATA
In the course of normal operations, the IT systems and the software procedures used for the functioning of this website acquire certain personal data whose transmission is implicit in the use of the Internet’s communication protocols. Such information is not gathered to be connected with identified persons, but by its very nature it could allow the identification of users through processing and connection with data held by third parties. This category of data includes IP addresses or domain names of the computers used by the users who connect to the website, URI addresses (Uniform Resource Identifier) of requested resources, the time of the request, the method used to submit the request to the server, the size of the file obtained in reply, the numerical code indicating the status of the reply from the server (successful, error, etc.) and other parameters regarding the operating system and the IT environment of the user. Such data are used with the only purpose of gathering anonymous statistical information about the use of the website.
Data voluntarily provided by the user
The sending of optional, explicit and voluntary e-mails to the addresses shown on this website and the filling in of forms specifically provided therein – aimed at (i) subscribing to TTWS alerts; (ii) signing up for a convention; (iii) posting a contribution to be shared within the TTWS community – involve the subsequent acquisition of the sender’s contact details and all the additional personal data provided.
We do not use IT techniques for the direct acquisition of the user’s personal identification data.
The use of session cookies (which are not permanently stored on the user’s computer and disappear when the browser is closed) is strictly limited to the transmission of session identifiers (i.e. random numbers generated by the server) which are necessary to enable a safe and efficient surfing on the website.
The session cookies used on this website avoid the use of other technologies that could compromise the privacy of the users and do not allow the acquisition of users’ personal identification data.
In case the user wants to disable the installed cookies, he/she should manage the settings of his or her browser. However, please note that, in such a case, malfunctions might occur either on the website or on certain functions. The procedure to follow varies depending on the browser used. In order to obtain detailed information, we invite you to click on the following links:
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en#_blank
- Opera: https://help.opera.com/en/latest/web-preferences/#cookies
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/safari/manage-cookies-and-website-data-sfri11471/mac
- Safari iOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod touch): https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201265
If the browser used is not one of the above, in order to obtain information on how to proceed, you may go on the following website www.aboutcookies.org or select the function “Help” on your browser.
METHOD OF PROCESSING
Personal data are processed by automated tools for the time strictly necessary to achieve the purposes for which they were collected. Specific security measures have been taken to prevent loss of data, their unlawful or incorrect use and unauthorised access.
PURPOSE OF PROCESSING
The user’s personal data freely communicated and acquired in connection with the activities carried out by TTWS, will be processed lawfully and in good faith for the following purposes:
- for the registration and activation of your account, sending alerts related to cultural initiatives promoted by TTWS or other associations pursuing the same corporate purpose and allowing the registration to conventions organized by TTWS and the transmission of the related certificate of attendance;
- in order to allow the user to post podcasts, messages, videos and photos to be shared within the users’ community and, possibly, through the social media channels, such as, by way of example only, Linkedin, Spreaker, Youtube.
Subject to the prior consent of the user and until its withdrawal (Article 7 of the Regulation), personal data will be processed by automated systems.
Failure to provide consent will affect the user’s opportunity to take advantage of all TTWS initiatives.
The user shall have the right to object to processing at any time after giving his or her consent
- by clicking a specific link available at the end of any e-mail sent to TTWS ;
- by modifying his or her preferences within the website on the section “My account”.
LEGAL BASIS OF PROCESSING
User’s consent constitute the legal basis of processing.
COMMUNICATION OF DATA
Personal data provided by the users may be known by the collaborators of TTWS and any third party who provides services which are ancillary to the activities of TTWS, all appointed as Data Processors.
In any other case, personal data will not be in any way disclosed, unless it is necessary to reply to requests by the Judicial or Public Security Authorities. The data collected will not be disseminated in any case whatsoever.
PERSONAL DATA STORAGE PERIODS
Personal data processed will be stored for the period strictly necessary for the performance of the requested services.
At the end of the storage period, personal data shall be deleted or made permanently anonymous.
RIGHTS OF THE DATA SUBJECT
Pursuant to the Regulation, the natural person whose personal data has been processed may assert a number of rights. In particular, if certain conditions are met and there are no restrictions pursuant to Article 23 of the Regulation, the user shall have the right to:
- obtain confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning him or her is being processed, and, where that is the case, access to his or her personal data and its disclosure (Art. 15 of the Regulation);
- obtain the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning him or her as well as have incomplete personal data completed, including by means of providing a supplementary statement (Art. 16 of the Regulation);
- withdraw his or her consent on which the processing is based, and however obtain the deletion of personal data concerning him or her without undue delay, if certain requirements are met (Art. 17 of the Regulation);
- obtain the restriction of processing (Art. 18 of the Regulation);
- receive personal data concerning him or her in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and transmit those data to another controller (Art. 20 of the Regulation);
- object at any time to processing of personal data concerning him or her (Art. 21 of the Regulation);
- file a complaint before a supervisory authority.
Articles from 15 to 23 of the Regulation are available on the following URL: https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=celex%3A32016R0679.
The abovementioned rights may be exercised by logging into your “Reserved area” on the website.
Date of last update: 5 February 2020